Sunday, July 9, 2017

Moscow, Idaho

I decided I wanted to write some things about my time in Moscow, Idaho.

First getting here I wasn't thrilled about living in Moscow as it is a small town and has a college feel. The weather was fine we were able to stay cool in our 3rd floor apartment and the ward seemed helpful. The day we moved in we had around 6 people show up to help us move in our stuff. It was last minute but there were men ready and willing to help. It was such a blessing. And then we had a family bring us a waffle dinner that night since we didn't have any groceries. That experience was a blessing and helped me except and want to enjoy my time here. I have truly loved our ward the entire time we have been here.

Chase got busy with school and Cole and I got to explore Moscow a bit. We enjoyed our time but shortly after I was blessed with an opportunity to babysit 3hrs a day 5 days a week. It turned out to create a great friendship for Cole and I and will be missed. This opportunity blessed us financially but also helped me feel create a schedule and be busy myself. It rained a lot in October and that is when the cold weather hit. I began to sew dresses and that helped keep my mind off the poor weather and lack of sunshine. I did still get hit with a bit of seasonal depression as the cold rainy/snowy weather lasted into May. 6 months of little to no sun was a little much for me. Our weekends got boring as we did the same thing every weekend. We went grocery shopping, let Cole play at the indoor play area and walk through the "mall". We didn't feel like we could spend money to do anything so that was our life... ALL. winter. long.

I left to see family and I got back and Moscow was gorgeous! The nice weather had come back and we got to explore more parks and other things to do in the area. I don't feel such negative feelings towards Moscow and it has truly been a blessing to live here. I see Chase with the group of friends he's created in the accounting program and I know it was meant for us to be here. His director, Marla Craute, has been absolutely wonderful and Chase has loved and appreciated her! I was also blessed to find Cami Facer. She has proven to be such a wonderful friend during my time here. We have grown to love and appreciate our friendship. I hope to always keep a friendship with her. She is simply amazing.

I've had my ups and downs here but I'm grateful to be on the up. (Other than the fact that it has been SO hot this last week and the apartment doesn't seem to be able to stay cool with no A/C or other help AND that there are pot smokers in our apartment that smoke in the middle of the night and fill our apartment with their fumes). I'm glad I can leave Moscow feeling a little bit of remorse. I will mostly be sad to leave my friends and the routine I have had this summer. When I think of winter I feel like "GET ME OUT OF HERE!" but I can honestly say I've really enjoyed my last couple of months. I will miss it.

So I thank Moscow and everyone who has been apart of my experience and I bid farewell. Time to move on and survive the next couple of months without my own house... Gotta think positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment