Sunday, October 26, 2014

September, October and Almost November

So much to catch up on. We're enjoying our sabbath day since we had Stake Conference and got home at 11:30 rather than 4 like our normal Sundays. It's pretty windy and cold outside and I LOVE that I'm laying on the couch cuddled up with my love and a blanket writing a blog/journal entry. Stake Conference was wonderful and I really do love the Lord and I'm grateful for the atonement in my life and the endless ways that it can be applied to us individually. Something the stake president mentioned in his talk was that if Heavenly Father was there and could only tell us one thing he would tell us that "You can do it!" Whatever "it" is, we are children of God and with that he will always give us the means to get through whatever we have to get through. He loves each one of us and how grateful I am for that.

I love fall and I love October!
I've been enjoying October so much! It started out great by a surprise visit from my favorite sister and little Reggie Roo! They came to visit us and it was the best surprise ever! We enjoyed conference and the beautiful fall weather. We were able to visit Hillary and Todd a couple of times in Boise and I've really grown to love them so much. Such wonderful people. I'm so happy to have them as my family! Chase's mom also came for conference weekend and we just had a ball. Yep, a Ball. They're the best and spending time with them is so wonderful. Chase and I have decided we're addicted to Reggie. Especially me. I think about her at random times, I look at the decorative pumpkins that she played with and smile, the essential oil for a vaporizer she put her hand in and laugh, listen to "Love is an open door" and remember her laugh as we danced and sung. It makes us excited to have our own Reggie. But there's still a lot of unknown's and fears that tag along with that excitement. It dampers the flame of that a little bit.... But when the time is right and when it comes it will be great. God will be cheering us on chanting, You Can Do It!



Best scrunch face, my favorite.

Back onto October, I think one of the things that I love about October is the change in color. I LOVE the reds, golds, and oranges that appear everywhere. I love the crisp air, warm days, crunchy leaves, the halloween decor, and everything wonderful about this time of year. It leads into Christmas which is also a season that I LOVE and adore. It's just a wonderful start to the most wonderful time of the year.



The sunrises on my bike ride to work have been breath taking.

Hemming Village in Rexburg put on a fun Hocus Pocus event. We went for the costume parade which is another favorite part of the fall! There were Elsa and Ana's, wolverines, Spidermans, Batmans, we saw some Woody's, lions, monkeys, Sonic the Hedgehog, astronauts, Maleficent, headless horsemen, the Hulk, and many more. It was the best. I love seeing kid's in their costumes ready to go trick or treating. That was one of my favorite parts of working at Hine's in Jackson. I got to hand out the candy to all the kids coming around the square. It'll put a smile on your face for sure!

1 comment: