Sunday, January 15, 2017

Family Time

It's our first full week of being home since the break. We thought Chase started class on Monday but in reality he started on Wednesday. We weren't sad about that. Monday was actually a snow day. The night before we had freezing rain with a dusting of snow on top. The roads were so bad the area called for a snow day. So I didn't babysit either so we hung out as a family. I did babysit on Tuesday and Chase stayed home with Cole., but the family I babysit for has all been sick so our family day turned into the week.

Chase did start school and seems to enjoy his classes. It's a slow start so he's been home a lot which I always love. I need to harp on him less so he knows how much I enjoy him being home. We started watching Poldark and finished up the first season on Amazon Prime and have really enjoyed it! It's fun being intrigued by something that we both want to spend time together doing.

We have decided to be more motivated to be healthier. Over the break we weren't great about eating healthy or even putting a cap on our consumption. And exercising we haven't been serious about since Denver. So we're going extreme for food and have started the Whole 30 today. And plan to have 3 a week workouts. Running a half marathon has been on my bucket list for a little and before we have baby #2 I want to run one. There is one in Pullman March 4th so that's my plan for exercise. I was only a little deterred from it when I ran a little less than 5 miles Wed and had a sore knee. That pain increased way more the following day so I'll need to get that figured out so that I can physically run the race. Chase has been going to the gym with a friend and has really enjoyed it so that's a plus there! He's actually the one who's really encouraging the Whole 30 biz so I guess I'm on board. When we did it before it wasn't terrible and I was really impressed with our 2 week results. Ultimately, where Chase is coming from as well, it feels good to have control over what you eat.

I'm trying to hurry up and finish the book I'm currently reading so that I can start my new years resolution of reading about our founding father's/ historical figures. My current book is a fictional book about world war II and an LDS family who is going through that time period. There is a lot of historical facts within the book and I find WWII so interesting that I'm really enjoying it. I'm just ready to get to know me some G. Washington.

We finally got set apart last week to teach our CTR 4 class and I feel like it has made a bit of a difference. We enjoy the 6 kids we have but have to work around 1 who doesn't listen very well. It's a WIP. What I love about primary is singing primary songs, teaching the basic principles of the gospel and picking up little kid quotes. My favorites of the day: -While getting the kids to sit down a little boy holds up 4 finger and proceeds to tell me he's 4. 2 fingers go down and then with attitude he waves the 2 fingers in front of his face and tells me that he has 2 birthdays. -We went around the room talking about whether we chose to follow Heavenly Father or Lucifer. Each child answered Heavenly Father and then we get to one who confidently puts a thumb up in the air, no response. - The inappropriate yet funny one was when this trouble kids stands up and loudly whispers to Chase through his closed fist "You've got elf ears". I had to laugh even though it was rude and Chase is already self conscious about his ears. But thankfully we both laughed.

Cole's first nursery experience was today and he LOVED it! We peaked on him the whole time but he was never really struggling so I guess he's good. I went in to see him and he barely acknowledged my presence. I guess that's a good thing.


We got a package from Australia! Sweet Debbie sent us a box of treats!

Tim Tam Happy

Found the egg poacher and thought he'd look like a craze

My 13 degree beautiful run! First time running in the snow but really enjoyed it.

I had ice buildup on my hat and hair. Cole couldn't stop poking and replying "I-sss"

He good lookin


No comments:

Post a Comment